<== Site of the Week for 2019-06-07 ==>
Steamboat Resort is a Winter and Summer Resort on Mount Werner in the Park Range.
This section shows corporate transactions involving Steamboat.
- 1963: The resort was built in 1963.
- 1997: American Skiing Company, by German Immigrant Les Otten, acquired Steamboat.
- 2002: The company Triple Peak attempted to acquire Steamboat for $91.4 million.
- 2006: The Canadian company Intrawest acquired Steamboat for $265 million (ref).
- 2017: KSL Capital of Denver and Aspen/Snowmass formed a partnership to acquire Intrawest.
- 2018: The holding company took on the name Alterra Mountain Resort.